At The Fleece, we are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all patrons, performers, and staff. We take any form of harassment seriously and have implemented a comprehensive reporting procedure to address such incidents promptly and effectively. We encourage everyone to report any incidents of harassment, discrimination, or misconduct that they witness or experience. This procedure aims to ensure that all reports are handled with confidentiality, sensitivity, and respect.
Please follow the steps outlined below if you need to report an incident:
- Identify the Incident: If you witness or experience harassment or any form of misconduct, it is important to clearly identify the incident. Harassment can include but is not limited to verbal abuse, physical intimidation, unwelcome advances, offensive comments or gestures, discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.
- Find a Safe Space: If you feel threatened or unsafe, find a safe place within the venue and seek assistance from a member of the venue staff. Your safety and well-being are our top priority.
- Report to Venue Staff: Locate a member of our venue staff, such as a security guard, bartender, they are trained to handle such incidents and will take your report seriously. Provide them with a clear and detailed account of the incident, including the date, time, location, individuals involved, and any witnesses present.
- Confidentiality and Support: The venue staff will treat your report with the utmost confidentiality. They will provide you with support and listen to your concerns empathetically. They may ask you questions to gather more information, but your privacy and well-being will be respected throughout the process.
- Investigation: If you wish the venue management will conduct a thorough investigation into the reported incident. This may involve interviewing witnesses, reviewing any available evidence such as CCTV footage, and gathering additional information as needed. The investigation will be handled promptly, respecting the rights of all parties involved.
- Disciplinary Actions: If the investigation concludes that harassment or misconduct has occurred, appropriate disciplinary actions will be taken. These actions can range from warnings and retraining to temporary or permanent bans from the venue, depending on the severity of the offence.
- Follow-Up: After the investigation and any disciplinary actions, the venue staff will follow up with you to ensure your satisfaction with the outcome and to provide any additional support you may need. Your feedback is crucial in helping us continually improve our procedures and maintain a safe environment.
- Ask for Angela:
- We have implemented the “Ask for Angela” policy in the ladies’ and gender-neutral restrooms, following the guidelines and agenda of this initiative.
- Bystander Intervention:
- In our effort to promote a safe environment, we have also displayed bystander intervention posters in the men’s restrooms.
- These posters encourage males to speak out against or report harassment incidents to security.
At The Fleece, we are dedicated to fostering a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. By adhering to this harassment policy and working together, we can ensure that all individuals feel respected and protected within our venue.